[cvsnt] login problem

Volker Hohmann V.Hohmann.Lapis at t-online.de
Fri Jul 8 15:24:08 BST 2005

Hallo,

I use Win CVS 2.0.0.2 and CVSNT 2.0.58d (with 2.5.0.1.1976 I have the same problem) with WIN XP SP2

Since a few weeks I have the following problem:

If I try to login from WinCVS with

    cvs -d :pserver;username=xxx;hostname=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:/projekt/cvsroot login

I get

    Logging in to :pserver:xxx at yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:2401:/projekt/cvsroot

    cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy: -1: Unknown error

If I start the cvsservice in test mode, it traces

     CVS 2.0.58d (Oct 29 2004) starting in test mode.
     TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\Programme\cvsnt\Temp
     Initialising socket...ok
    Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
    Couldn't register with active directory: Die Konfigurationsinformationen konnten
    vom Domõnencontroller nicht gelesen
    werden. Mit dem Computer kann keine Verbindung hergestellt
    werden, oder der Zugriff wurde verweigert.
   CVS initialised successfully
    I/O Socket is 00000678
   01b51167: Process 00000654 started
   01b513d8: Process 00000654 terminated

The tracefile of the child process contains

   CVS Server is acting as member of domain 'ZZ'
   Client sent ''
   Couldn't find a matching authentication protocol

Has anybody an idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

Volker