[cvsnt] Re: Renaming branch tag??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Sun Jul 10 16:01:12 BST 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:35:49 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> I tried this command:
>> cvs rtag -A -r Rel_1_2_30_MarineLogger Branch_MarineLogger SSReceiver
>>
>> I expected it to set an alias to the existing branch tag
>> Rel_1_2_30_MarineLogger and consequently it would be located on the
>> same base revision as the start of the branch Rel_1_2_30_MarineLogger.
>
>rtag doesn't seem to implement alias tags.  Not sure why, other than it
>never got noticed.  If you do it using tag it'll work.  I'll put the
>alias tag code into rtag ASAP.

OK, I just dd not want to update my sandbox to the branch before
adding the alias tag because there are new directories added after the
branch so they would disappear during the update. But biting the
bullet and doing so I found that the branch is now renamed. In the
WinCvs graph view both are visible but all the file revisions are tied
to the new alias name. Fine.

/Bo Berglund