[cvsnt] Cut off binary file in CVSNT 2.5.01.1976 (maybe unicode issue)

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Mon Jul 11 13:54:58 BST 2005

Hello list, hello CVSNT team, hello Tony,

when checking out a binary file containing unicode characters with

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)

the file contents are cut off at the first occurence of the character
0xd0. When using a different client computer running an old 2.0.24 (no
comments, please) the file comes out okay and in full length.

I did not try another server version until now, but as you see the
server is working in conjunction with the old client.

The only thing worth noting is maybe, that the file has the
substitution mode 'u' in the log output. Revisions 1.1 and 1.2 are
also mode 'u'. Beginning with 1.3 all revisions have mode 'b'.

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this strange behaviour?
Should I change the old revisions modes away from 'u'? And how would I
do this? (cvs admin? :-S)

Thanks in advance for your help. Any comment would be very
appreciated.

Bye,
O Koltermann.