[cvsnt] Re: Version number change

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Tue Jul 12 19:23:21 BST 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:22:05 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> At the very top is File version: 2.5.1.2013 (in my case)
>>
>> So why 01??
>>

>That's the binary file version.  If you look at the actual version
>information it's all 01.

Yes, and this is what is confusing, because the install engines
usually check the binary version in order to determine what to do with
existing files, so I always consider this as the "real" version rather
than the sting value that can hold just about anything.

But since the cvsnt installer has set the flags to always overwrite it
is not really a concern for this product, just a general observation.
We never overwrite newer versions with older versions in our product
installs and we go by the binary version info to handle this.

/Bo Berglund