[cvsnt] cvsnt server corrupts binaries even with "add -kb" option

dean.bottino at novartis.com dean.bottino at novartis.com
Fri Jul 15 03:56:53 BST 2005

Hello,

I'm a light cvs user for 2 years and recently tried installing a cvsnt
server on a local winXP machine, but am having problems with binary files.

So far I've had this problem with both .xls files and .mat (matlab binary
data) files: I have both extensions listed in cvswrappers, but the files
when checked back out are corrupt. I add the files using the -kb option,
but they're still corrupt when I check the files out from the repository.
Sometimes the files are so corrupt that the excel/matlab refuse to read
them. Sometimes the software can read them but the data has changed
slightly.

I've never experienced this before! Even without cvswrappers, add -kb
should always work correctly, no?

On the client side I used both smartcvs and cygwin to do the add/commit
and checkout, and it makes no difference, so I'm thinking it's the server.

THanks in advance,
Dean