[cvsnt] problems - probably - with nfs

Filip Felicki filip.felicki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:07:06 BST 2005

Hi,

We're using cvsnt to control xml configuration files ( checked in in
binary mode )
and to speed up updates we're using nfs. But when we do checkouts or updates
via nfs we get a looooot of errors as such:

cvs [update aborted]: cannot fsync file CVS/Entries.Old after copying:
Input/output error
cvs [update aborted]: cannot close getSysParam/CVS/Tag: Input/output error

usually it's the second one, and there are two wird things:

1. code is not being checkouted/updated from a branch so why there is
CVS/Tag at all?
2. CVS/Tag looks similar to this:

=== marking begining of file ===
T:_H_
== marking end of file ===

I think it's some kind of a bug we used to do the same with regular
cvs and there
were no problems, I cannot observe any problems with nfs as well. Ofcourse
this does not happen when we do updates normally, only via nfs (
normally is through :ext: )

I'm not on the list so please CC me if you reply.

Thx,
--
Filip