[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2025

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Jul 24 09:06:34 BST 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:35:19 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Changes in this release:
>
>Sorry the documentation is falling behind a bit.  When the current round
>  of updates are delivered I'll need to spend some time documenting the
>changes.  In them meantime please test as much as possible, and I'll try
>to explain anything that you can't work out.
>
>* Audit trigger, tracks repository activity in a database.
>* Database framework allows connection to SQLite, MySql, Postgresql, and
>ODBC (for SqlServer/MSDE and others).
>* Control panel cleanup.  Trigger and protocol specific options moved to
>a specific 'Plugins' tab.
>* Protocols can now be enabled/disabled from control panel.
>* All *_trigger.dll loaded automatically in addition to libraries listed
>in CVSROOT/triggers.  Each trigger can be enabled/disabled in the
>control panel.
>* Server skips protocols which don't support encryption if 'force
>encryption' is selected.  This stops pserver clients attempting to send
>a weak password.
>* :ext: no longer passes username to child function if not specified in
>the cvsroot.
>* new extnt.exe options, so if allowed by the client used, all extnt.ini
>options can be supplied on the command line.  'hostname=' is now
>optional in extnt.ini (defaults to same as section name).  'protocol='
>defaults to sspi if not specified.
>* rtag -A support (missing in previous releases).
>* If server drops connecition during sspi setup, treat as login failure.
>* New keyword $Branch$ (%t) set to branch name that revision is on.
>
>Fixes in this release:
>
>Ticket  Description
>#44     Add -y option to unedit
>#46     Log edit/unedit in history.  Log bugid and associated message.
>#49     Add config to all protocols/plugins.
>#50     Mark certain protocols as 'insecure' so they don't work at all
>         when encryption is enabled.

I have now updated the Innosetup installer to build 2025.
It might take a while for it to appear on the actual webpage, though,
since it seems like something is caching the page...
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/cvsntinstaller.html
I am not sure if I got this right though, please test and report:
>* All *_trigger.dll loaded automatically in addition to libraries listed

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)