[cvsnt] Re:Run CVS control panel in Terminal Service session

Paul K. Courtney Paul.K.Courtney at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Jul 26 13:40:04 BST 2005

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:35:52 -0300

>From: "Eric Paschoalick Chaves" <ask_me at news.group>
>Subject: [cvsnt] Run CVS control panel in Terminal Service session
>To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
>
>Hi Folks,
>
>    I usually manage my servers via Terminal Service, and I realize these
>days that when I try to execute CVS control panel in a TS session It doesn`t
>run. Anyone knows why
>
>Cheers,
>
>Eric

Eric,
I just recently ran into the same issue.  I remotely ran netstat on the
server and found that my client machine was connecting on port 2401 and
my local port was 1560, also called 'asci-val', whatever that is.  I
think that when I stopped and restarted the CVSNT service, my client
must have grabbed port 2401.  I reconfigured the CVSNT service to use
port 2403 instead and now it works just fine.

Paul

--
Paul K. Courtney, MS
Project Manager