[cvsnt] cvs init on unix

Richard Wirth richard at wirthware.de
Fri Jul 29 10:16:32 BST 2005

Hello Tony,

when I do a 'cvs -d<path to repo> init' I get several lines of
warnings(?):

cvs at eirene:~> cvs -d /usr/local/cvs_repos/cvsnt-test init
cvs init: Unable to register repository.
cvs init: Your login may not have sufficient permissions to modify the
cvs init: global server settings.
cvs init: Repository /usr/local/cvs_repos/cvsnt-test initialised

does that mean cvsnt tries to modify my /etc/cvsnt/PServer file?

I do not get this messages when init is done by root. But than my
CVSROOT directory belongs user root/root and not user cvs (which is
the user for 'RunAsUser='), so I have to change permissions manualy
:-(

And even if I do the init by root, /etc/cvsnt/PServer is not
modified...

any hints?

(cvsnt 2.5.02-2040)

--