[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

David L. Nadle david at nadle.com
Fri Jul 29 14:57:19 BST 2005

Hi:

I was running 2.0.58b with sspi, until this morning.

After installing SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and rebooting I was unable
to authenticate. "Bad username or password."

I uninstalled 2.0.58b and installed 2.5.01.1976. I still cannot
authenticate. "[login aborted]: authorization failed: server <my host
name> rejected access to /cvsroot.

I also saw some error messages which led me to believe there was a
permissions problem, but after giving Everyone full control of CVSROOT
and CVSTEMP the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
David Nadle