[cvsnt] Failed to set access control using NTFS permission control

Min ZOU zou.min at renesas.com
Wed Jun 1 08:33:28 BST 2005

Hi,

I created a new group named "CVSReadOnly" in my CVSNT server, and added
a new account named "cvstest" into the group. I would like to prevent
"cvstest" from doing any commit operations in the repository.

So, I just configured the NTFS Security setting in the repository root
directory so that "CVSReadOnly" group has no "Write" access to the
directory and all its sub-directories. And I also verified that
"cvstest" user cannot write any files/folders in the repository after
logging into the computer.

However, "cvstest" can still commit changes to any of the modules in the
repository. It seems that the NTFS permission control I set doesn't take
any effect at all.

My config:
CVSROOT=:sspi::cvstest at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/cvsrepo
CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1949
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Any tips? Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Min