[cvsnt] CVSNT+Viewcvs Query Database

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jun 1 15:33:12 BST 2005

No, that cannot be done.
The requirement for ViewCvs is that ViewCvs itself has *direct access* to the repository files because it does not use the cvsnt service to get information to present.

Thus it is out of the question to put ViewCvs on a different PC than the Win 2003 that is hosting the CVSNT server.

Concerning the database it is another matter, I have never used a database connected to ViewCvs so i don't know this by personal experience. But I have many years of database experience in general and as long as Viewcvs uses the standard client/server call model to MySql I see no real problem in putting the database on another box (even on a Linux box).

But as I said, it depends on ho ViewCvs accesses the database.

/Bo