[cvsnt] Upgrade server from 2.0.58d

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 17:09:05 BST 2005

Manfred Moser wrote:
> Can you clarify what you mean with the taginfo script handling is
> broken. I am using 2.0.58x and cvsmailer and it seems to work okay for me.

Not all in 2.0.58x series had the taginfo problem -- I think 58a didn't
have it but had some other issue, but 58d does.

If you tag files with 2.0.58d, the file list sent to the taginfo script
is a pointer to the file name, not the file name itself.  That causes
the list of files tagged to be garbage.  To test, tag a file and look at
the resulting email from the system.  If the name listed is the actual
name of the file that you tagged, then you don't have the problem.

--
Glen Starrett