[cvsnt] Re: Cannot create temp dir problem on CVSNT ver 2.0.51d

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Jun 5 23:39:09 BST 2005

Brian Kuehn wrote:
> Just started cvs work on my home LAN with CVSNT ver 2.0.51d. I created the
> repositories on the server, server side with standard programs from the
> installation. Most everything I do from another computer on the LAN is aborted
> because the temp directory cannot be created due to access problems. I'm using
> XP Home and can't find any more places to work with access right etc. I use
> WinCVS 2.0.0.2 (Build 2).

All XP Home external users come in as "guest".  Make sure the guest
account has rights to work in the TEMP directory as well as your repository.

I think you can also uncheck the "system authentication" box in control
panel and use pserver or other for access control if you don't like the
guest option (or upgrade to XP Pro or Linux).

--
Glen Starrett