[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 1990

Gary Brunton gbrunton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:12:59 BST 2005

> Scripts run perfectly now. The only problem is that when everything
> works WinCVS just hangs there. I have to force a stop by pressing the
> "Stop CVS command" at which point I get the following message: cvs.exe
> [commit aborted]: received interrupt signal
>
> In WinCVS the file I was commiting is still red (as if it was not
> committed) but if I do an update on it it changes to white and cvs
> exits with a code of 0. Which tells me it did succeed with the commit.
>
> I'm not sure what is going on here. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I fixed this problem I was having.

>You might want to try with the very latest WinCvs release (2.0.2) first
>though, in order to make sure this hasn't already been fixed.

I updated to WinCVS 2.0.2 and I still had the problem.

I did solve the problem though. The problem was in my perl script
although I don't really understand why it was a problem. I call the
perl script from the loginfo CVS batch file. I went ahead and deleted
everything from the perl script except for the following line:

print "hello";

It still didn't work. I then changed it to the following and now it
works perfect:

print "hello\n";

For some reason the line break character is needed. I did not try this
from the command line (not using WinCVS) so I don't know if this is a
WinCVS issue or a CVSNT issue but I suspect that somebody else could
figure it out:)

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advise. I think I'm good to go now.

Gary Brunton