[cvsnt] Re: Remove old files from the repository?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Jun 11 13:38:37 BST 2005

Glen Starrett wrote:

> If someone does set up a script that checks for non-significant revisions
> that are older than a specified date and removes them from each file in
> a repository, I would be interested in getting a copy!

Me too... I might just do that, sometime... :)

Significant revision =
- has a tag
- is head revision on main branch
- is start point of a branch
- is end point of a branch
- is merge point origin or target (?)

Did I miss anything?

This also would mean that you would lose the last revision that had data if
the head revision (main branch or other branch) is a dead one. So maybe the
list of significant revisions should include the last non-dead revision on
any branch?

Gerhard