[cvsnt] Re: Remove old files from the repository?

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Mon Jun 13 17:08:49 BST 2005

If you know python or are willing to learn the basics checkout the viewcvs
code.
It has some great code for parsing the rlog command and building a structure
of all the revisions and tags and other pertinent info for a archive file.
With a little bit of work you could easily adapt this to meet your needs.

Matt S.

"BEAUCHAMP, MICHAEL J." <MBEAUCHAMP at AMICA.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.123.1118666770.321.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
I don't need to do anything so complicated as to distinguish between
significant and insignificant revisions.  I'd like to simply identify a
tag as the oldest that I want to keep and delete anything older.  For a
given file, a particular tag will only be attached to 1 revision. If I
could loop through all of the files in a module, then loop through the
revisions and identify the tagged revision, I could then use the
revision numbers to determine which to keep.  Can anyone get me started
in that direction?

(By the way, I appreciated the NAnt response, but I would rather do this
in Java if I can.)

Thanks,

Michael Beauchamp
IT Developer 1