[cvsnt] Warning! Innosetup Installers and MacAffee AV....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jun 13 20:35:02 BST 2005

MacAffee released an update last week that contains an *erroneous*
trojan detection algorithm that hits InnoSetup installers.
What happens is that the on-access scan will determine that the
installer is a trojan and delete it!

This is acknowledged by MacAffee to be an error on their part but the
effects can be major. At our company we work 100% with innosetup for
installers and we probably have something like 40-50 product setups.
All of these got wiped out over the weekend when the server weekly
disk scan was performed!

So be warned *not* to update to the 4511 DAT version from MacAffee!
Wait until you get 4512 instead.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)