[cvsnt] ignore cvsignore

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Mon Jun 13 21:51:23 BST 2005

Tony,

When doing an import, is there a way to get import to *ignore* using the
ignore list in a .cvsignore file in the sandox.

The nice manual says (yes: I read the manual!)

"Specifying -I ! to cvs import will import everything, which is generally
what you want to do if you are importing files from a pristine distribution
or any other source which is known to not contain any extraneous files.
However, looking at the rules above you will see there is a fly in the
ointment; if the distribution contains any .cvsignore files, then the
patterns from those files will be processed even if -I ! is specified. The
only workaround is to remove the .cvsignore files in order to do the import.
Because this is awkward, in the future -I ! might be modified to override
.cvsignore files in each directory."

That last sentance has got me salivating for such a feature! Something
like -I@ to ignore all, include anything in a .cvsignore)

Greetings from Luxembourg,

David