[cvsnt] Re: ignore cvsignore

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 13 22:39:02 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
> I assume by hairy you are applying a dab of understatement. I did have a
> look into the import code, but I ran away terribly quickly... although... in
> import_descend(), there is a call to ign_add_file (CVSDOTIGNORE, 1); so if
> that call was disabled (though my much hoped for -I@ to ignore all and
> .cvsignore), wouldn't that have the effect of ignoring any .cvsignore files
> as the import descends... or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I wouldn't like to have the ignore processor do it... there are
different types of ignores, plus the way that things like update is
handled rely on parsing the ignore lists and aren't easy to get your
head around.

I guess a string compare with "@" in ignore.c is the same thing as an
extra flag, and could be done.