[cvsnt] upgrading cvsnt using RHEL rpm

Johnson, Mark Mark.Johnson at INGENIX.COM
Wed Jun 15 16:23:45 BST 2005

I have cvsnt 2.0.58d installed on Redhat Linux (RHEL 3.0).  We have not
started using this box (no existing repositories), but are getting ready
to.  I think I would be smart to upgrade to latest stable version (cvsnt
2.5.01.1976).  I have downloaded the rpm, but what I don't know is how
to do the upgrade.  Can I just run the rpm -U... or do I need to
uninstall and re-install?  Are there any specific/important
install-options I should used?  Does anyone have experience with this
who can help simplify it for me, or point me to any existing
documentation?

Thanks in advance,

Mark A. Johnson
Configuration Management Engineer
Ingenix, Inc
(801) 982-3464
mark.johnson2 at ingenix.com

"Secure Server" made the following
 annotations on 06/15/2005 10:23:49 AM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."