[cvsnt] Web interface

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jun 16 22:41:28 BST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:09:48 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>Manfred Moser wrote:
>> Thanks... that looks like a great option. Just means I gotta install
>> Apache or IIS although I am running Tomcat already. Oh well... I would
>> have liked to avoid that since the box is already quite busy but if it
>> can't be helped.
>
>Sounds like maybe you can run it and not configure for any server
>(assuming that's possible with Bo's installer) then configure it for
>your server manually.  I think all it does with the web server is set up
>the virtual directory.  I presume Tomcat allows for CGI apps?

The installer goes to a lot of requirement checking:
- CVSNT must be installed
- It checks the version of CVSNT
- It checks that Phython is available in the admin install mode
- A webserver must be installed (IIS or Apache)
- If both are detected then a selection dialoge pops up.
- Then the ViewCvs application is inserted as a virtual dir or web
application as the case may be depending on the webserver version.
- The ViewCvs conf file is updated with the current setup including
the repositories found in the CVSNT server
- The needed GNU applications are deployed to c:\Programs\GnuWin32 and
the bin subdirectory is added to the system path

If the detection of the webserver or CVSNT or Python fails the
installer does not continue...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)