[cvsnt] Problem with Loginfo???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 21 06:38:35 BST 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:28:15 +0800, "Ho How Hon" <how_hon at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>The problem that I have is that my vbs script is missing the first argument
>of the module folder. The only argument that I get in my script is the
>filename and the pre and post commit revision numbers. Commenting out the
>triggering of CVSMailer seems to solve this.

This is weird, but is something that can indicate a problem with the
execution sequence of script lines for CVSNT.

>Previously I had CVSNT 2.0.51d working with CVSMailer 1.5.1.31. When I
>upgraded CVSNT to 2.5.01.1976 without upgrading CVSMailer, I get error
>messages. These error message appear before the output from my script in the
>status window of WinCVS. When I upgraded CVSMailer to 1.5.2.41, these error
>messages disappear.

What error messages are these?

>My loginfo file was not changed during the upgrade.
>Well, it was changed to correct the slashes to make version 1.5.2.41 work.
>From that, I gather that CVSMailer is actually executed before my script is
>executed.

The execution order of script lines is entirely determined by CVSNT.
The first line that matches the regular expression is fired off, if no
match is found then DEFAULT is used. As soon as a match is found no
other line is executed except if it has the ALL keyword.
I don't know what will happen if there are several lines with the
keyword ALL, presumably the first will be used and no other.
You can make several lines trigger if you add a + in front of
duplicated lines.

>As such, I was wondering if CVSMailer could have altered the
>command line arguments passed to my script. Or is it something with CVSNT?

CVSMailer can do no such thing. It is *called* by CVSNT when a line
with CVSMailer as the program is detected and matches the module. But
it has absolutely nothing to do with any other executions.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)