[cvsnt] WinCVS & CVSNT

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Wed Jun 22 14:13:46 BST 2005

I have a test CVSNT server (2.5.01.something) on a Windows 2000 box and
one of my coworkers is using WinCVS v2.0.0.2 to access the repository from
another machine on the domain.

He is using the login settings box to build his CVSROOT.  His CVSROOT is
being entered like this:

:pserver:CORP\<userid>@<servername>:/prod/cvs/repository

BUT when the login command executes, he gets this:

:pserver:CORP\\<userid>@<servername>:/prod/cvs/repository  (note the dual
backslash)

and it errors out.  If he leaves the domain name out it assumes his ID is
local on the machine and gives him an error.  I can't get to Oliver's
wincvsnt tour web site (his domain is blocked here at work), so I'm kind
of flying blind here.  I vaguely remember something about which slash to
use and how to format the repository path and so on but I haven't found
what I'm looking for in the CVSGUI archives yet.

I can reproduce it on my own laptop as well.  Here's what it looks like if
I do it on my own laptop:

cvs -d :pserver;username=CORP\s183074;hostname=P3032649:/CVSNT/repository
login
Logging in to :pserver:CORP\\s183074 at p3032649:2401:/CVSNT/repository
cvs.exe [login aborted]: authorization failed: server P3032649 rejected
access to /CVSNT/repository for user CORP\\s183074

Using WinCVS to access our production CVSNT server (on Linux) is working
ok.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 583-6337