[cvsnt] cvs server aborts with "No such file or directory" on commit option

LogBot logbot at dealraider.com
Wed Jun 22 15:38:33 BST 2005

I'm getting the following error when trying to commit a file with CVSNT.
The CVSROOT uses the sserver option, and I've already successfully
connected and imported my module, so it's not a connectivity problem.

I don't even have a C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory on my system, so I don't
know where it's pulling that or how to override it. I've tried
specifying the -T option, I have my TEMP/TMP/TMPDIR environment
variables set, and I've set the registry value as well, with no luck.

Error:

C:\testcvs\cvstest\config\openldap>cvs commit -m "" slapd.conf
Checking in slapd.conf;
/cvsroot/cvstest/config/openldap/slapd.conf,v  <--  slapd.conf
cvs server: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs187.tmp: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: error diffing slapd.conf