[cvsnt] Hundreds of little green fish

Joelle Tegwen tegwe002 at umn.edu
Wed Jun 22 21:02:55 BST 2005

Sure,
I'm running CVSNT 2.5.01 build 1927 on Windows Server 2003.

I have a scheduled task that runs the following script:
cd ..
cd ..
set cvsroot=c:\cvs\cvsrepo
cd inetpub
cd wwwroot
cvs co youthhood

The script runs as user: me.

I don't know the capacity of the machine it's on, but it's slow, slow, slow.

When the script was running every 2 minutes it was really bad. 20-30 fish or
more regularly. That was during "pre-release" where fast updates were
important. Now we're doing regular development and we're at 5 minute
increments and I usually have 2-3 fish but I have seen 20-30 fish. If I kill
the cvslock service in the task manager the computer speeds up a lot and the
fish go away.

Is this enough information?

Thanks.
Joelle