[cvsnt] Re: Unable to connect to cvs server via TortoiseCVS

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jun 23 05:08:38 BST 2005

Pranav Lal wrote:
> cvs service and the cvs lock service are running. I want to connect to
> the cvs server via ssh. The documentation tells me that I will need
> putty. I have downloaded putty. What do I do next?
>
> I am doing the evaluation on a laptop running Windows XP sp2 with all

WinXP doesn't have an SSH server installed by default, so if you really
want to use SSH then you'll need to install a SSH server.  I've heard
that is a PITA though.

If you don't need SSH in particular but instead need a good encrypted
transport, then use sserver (secure sockets, I believe).

For the easiest protocol to set up and use in a Windows domain
environment, use SSPI.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett