[cvsnt] ticket #38 (-kk in merge)

David Hauck davidh at netacquire.com
Fri Jun 24 01:10:59 BST 2005

> David Hauck wrote:
>
> > Can you please elaborate on what the fix is for this? Is this just a
> > correction to the merge doing a better job of handling conflicts in
> > $Header$/$Id$ et al without having to specify -kk in the update
> command? Or
>
> Pretty much.  It now does the -kk for both files in the merge not just
> one of them.
>
> > does this require specifying -kk in the update (and if so, does
> the binary
> > file merge problems associated with -kk still exist?)?
>
> You could always do -k-v to avoid those anyway.

OK. Is this true for 2.0.58d? Also, what would be my command-line for this
merge update? Currently I use, for e.g.:

cvs -q up -j V1_0_0 -j V1_0_1

I'd seen problems with binary file merges previously if I specified -kk in
the above line (which worked great for eliminating keyword merge conflicts
in 2.0.58d). Are you suggesting my new command should be:

cvs -q up -k-v -j V1_0_0 -j V1_0_1

-David