[cvsnt] Exit status fails to abort commit

Williams, Tim WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com
Fri Jun 24 15:23:28 BST 2005

CVS-NT folks,

  I am having trouble with my commit support files when upgrading from
CVSNT 2.0.5 to 2.5.01.1976.    Specifically, my Perl scripts called from
COMMITINFO and VERIFYMSG fail to honour non-zero exit status and the
commit does not abort.

Initially I could not get my Perl scripts to execute at all after the
CVSNT upgrade, even after changing the slashes from backward (\) to
forward (/) as required in the new version and ensuring all my
permissions were correct. For example, this would not work in VERIFYMSG:

DEFAULT D:/CVSRep/OPSTest/CVSRoot/verifymsg.pl

I needed to place the cmd /c command after the regex, as in:

DEFAULT cmd /c D:/CVSRep/OPSTest/CVSRoot/verifymsg.pl

Now the script verifymsg.pl will execute, but the commit will proceed
regardless of the scripts exit status!  For example, if my verifymsg.pl
script contains only these lines:

	print "VerifyMsg.pl executing and setting Exit to 1\n";
	exit 1;

The commit will proceed!

Is this a problem with the /c option when the script is called? If so,
how can I get my script to execute?  Note that I am running this on
Windows 2003 Server.

Hope y'all can help me out.

Tim

SAS Systems Administrator