[cvsnt] Trying to use pserver on NT and CVSROOT on network drive

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Fri Jun 24 21:36:13 BST 2005

> I've just setup a pserver that works fine when the cvsroot is on the
> local drive.  How can I get this to work when cvsroot is on a network
> drive.

Simple answer: it can't be done. The cvsnt server and the repository files
must be on the same machine.

> Problem is only the network drives are backed up nightly and that's the
> reason why this is needed, and the SA's will not install cvs-pserver
> this on the fileservers.

Quick and dirty solution is to just to set up a scheduled job to copy the
files in your cvsnt repository from the cvsnt server to one of your
fileservers where it will be backed-up.

Other possibility is to persuade your friendly SA's to include your cvs
repository into the nightly backup scheme.

Greetings from Luxembourg,

David