[cvsnt] Re: Exit status fails to abort commit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Jun 26 17:10:22 BST 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:23:28 -0400, "Williams, Tim"
<WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com> wrote:

>  I am having trouble with my commit support files when upgrading from
>CVSNT 2.0.5 to 2.5.01.1976.    Specifically, my Perl scripts called from
>COMMITINFO and VERIFYMSG fail to honour non-zero exit status and the
>commit does not abort.

This was a reported issue and it is solved in a later testing release
(build 1998 I think). If you need this then get the 2007 build from
here:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download
or wait until the next stable release.

>Initially I could not get my Perl scripts to execute at all after the
>CVSNT upgrade, even after changing the slashes from backward (\) to
>forward (/) as required in the new version and ensuring all my
>permissions were correct. For example, this would not work in VERIFYMSG:
>
>DEFAULT D:/CVSRep/OPSTest/CVSRoot/verifymsg.pl

The best way is *not* to rely on Windows file extension associations.
Better to specifically specify the perl interpreter:
DEFAULT perl D:/CVSRep/OPSTest/CVSRoot/verifymsg.pl

>Is this a problem with the /c option when the script is called? If so,
>how can I get my script to execute?  Note that I am running this on
>Windows 2003 Server.

Please be aware that there are a lot of security settings to handle on
Win2003. Microsoft has pretty much locked it down so you may be
needing some policy changes as well...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)