[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Jun 29 10:17:23 BST 2005

Gill Ernst wrote:

> I try to use the :ext: protocol in CVSNT, but no luck.
>
> I have set the following environment ('\' and '\\' also not working):
>
> C:\>set cvs
> CVS_EXT="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"
> CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"
>
> My extnt.ini looks:
>
> [vcl134]
> protocol=sspi
> hostname=vcl134
> directory=/sw-aut

Hmm, may I ask why you're trying to do this? AFAIHU the extnt.exe via
:ext: method is specifically intended for use with *non-CVSNT* cvs
binaries (because some frontend might not accept the CVSNT cvs.exe).
That's the whole point, isn't it? Otherwise you could just use :sspi:
directly...

Cheers,

--
Oliver