[cvsnt] CVS lock server crashing very often, "cannot lock file"

Thu Jun 30 09:41:06 BST 2005

Hi,

since yesterday we have heavy problems with the lock server of our
CVSNT 2.0.58d server (on Windows 2003).

It crashed several times (is there any log that I can provide/check to
investigate what happened just before?), after re-starting it usually
crashes again later, but even when it is running, one problem
remaining:

Upon committing, we get the following message:

cvs commit -m "Initial version" shr_evc_builder_main.e (in directory
U:\verification\dragon_systemlevel_es2.0\specman\source\shr_evc_builder\e)
cvs server: cannot lock
`D:/cvs/repositories/adit_hw/verification/dragon_systemlevel_es2.0/specman/source/shr_evc_builder/e/shr_evc_builder_main.e,v'.

This happens just for this one file.

I hope that anyone can give me a hint...

Best regards
 Tobias Rodenbach