[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2013

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Jun 30 09:57:43 BST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 02:24, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> David Somers wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 June 2005 17:30, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> >>* info -b: Local discovery of cvsnt servers using zeroconf.
> >
> > In the docs, it says:
> >
> > Where supported) list available cvsnt servers on the local network. This
> > currently requires mdns support on the client
> >
> > Um... shouldn't that be ... on the server?
>
> Well, both actually.
>
> There's client support (mdnsclient, which is a hack of nss-mdns) built
> in to the code but it may not function on all platforms.

FYI, it works just fine on both my Linux and Windows clients.

> > Server
> suppport requires a responder which again depends on the platform.
> Win32 has howl, OSX has its own internal one, Linux has whatever's
> installed (usually howl).

Sure. Perhaps I should have said:

For the cvsnt server to work with ZeroConf, a responder must be running on the
host.

> > On my system I only have ZeroConf installed on my server, and when doing
> > cvs info -b on my client it works.
>
> That means thare's client support too :)

Hardly surprising, since you built the client stuff into cvsnt (now that I had
a quick look through the source.)

BTW, I'm absolutly amazed that ZeroConf works... after months of sitting idle,
my mDNSResponder is now doing something useful ;-)

Cheers

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885