[cvsnt] Latest updates - cvsnt 2.5.01 build 2013

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 30 12:12:55 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:

>>Gnome has support built into its vfs (network://) for finding ftp and
>>web servers.
>

> I'd a KDE man myself.

Me too... personally I find the Gnome 2 UI really difficult to get to
grips with, so don't use it.

Apparently the latest kde has dnssd:/ but I haven't tried it.

> Though I'm not sure I like "-d ." ... maybe "-d *" would be better (since * is
> generally asociated with ALL/ANY).

On a Unix client that'd expand to every file in the directory, causing
some confusion!

> (What about the password... will it use blank or the same as the anon
> username?)

It's really geared towards SSPI, so passwords shouldn't be needed..
however 'cvs -d . login' will work.

> Looks like xinetd only compiles this in when it finds Apple's
> Rendezvous/Bonjour and not Howl... :(

One of my personal gripes about zeroconf is all the APIs are
incompatible with each other.  I had to implement the server
registration twice - once for Apple, once for Howl.  If I support
another one it's another implementation...