[cvsnt] Directory tag overriding file tag on update

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 23:12:36 BST 2005

Sometimes we need to assemble a working copy that consists of a tag
(baseline) and a set of branches.

The normal procedure was to check out (or update) with -r <tag_name> -j
<1st_branch_name>.

Then we used to switch the modified/added files to the <1st_branch_name>.

To retrieve the second branch, we used to do an update -j
<2nd_branch_name>, switch the modified files to <2nd_branch_name> and so
on for each other branch in the set.

But now cvsnt seems to override the branches' sticky tags with the
directory tag <tag_name>, and ends up retrieving the old revision.

Is this new behavior intentional or its a bug added some time ago?

We are using server 2.5.01.1910 and client 2.0.51d.

TIA
Daniel