[cvsnt] Setup hangs on Windows 2000

Matt Solnit msolnit at istante.com
Thu Mar 3 03:34:37 GMT 2005

Hi everyone.  I have downloaded the latest recommended version of
WinCVS, version 1.3.20.3, on a new Windows 2000 machine.  This includes
CVSNT version 2.0.51.0.  The WinCVS GUI setup proceeds with no problems,
but when I launch the CVSNT setup program (which is separate), it hangs
after I click "Install" in the final screen which presents my options to
me.

My installation settings are:
- Typical installation, minus the Server components
- Hang happens whether or not I check the "Generate default certificate"
box.

As far as I can tell the hang is immediate.  No new files are installed
before it fails.  I do not see any progress bars or any other indication
that something is happening before the hang occurs.

I noticed a similar post to this mailing list from July 2003
(http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2003-July/007464.html), but there
was no response to that post.  I have tried re-starting my machine, as
the previous poster suggested.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.  In addition, I will
be happy to try any suggestions that you might recommend.

-- Matt