[cvsnt] ACL not working properly

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Mar 3 08:56:09 GMT 2005

First of all:
your local workstation cvs.exe to dig down into the repository files to
get the data.
In all likelyhood the permissions that the *server* would have used to
validate the cvs operation will be totally overlooked in this scenario.

because on such a server there should be *no way* that the users can
access the repository files via the network in any other way than through
the cvs service on the server.
If you are able to use :local: then you have defined a SAMBA share on the
repository and this is an *unsupported* and stongly discouraged setup.

/Bo