[cvsnt] Re: Renaming Branch Tags

David Hauck davidh at netacquire.com
Thu Mar 3 18:56:08 GMT 2005

> David Hauck wrote:
> > To confirm, my original command was:
> >
> > cvs -q rtag -A -r V1_1_BRANCH V1_1_BRANCH_OLD mymodule
> >
> Hmm.. looking at the original 58d code it looks like it wasn't sending
> the -A to the server properly.  That was fixed a while ago, so you could
> either use a 2.5.01 client or use 2.0.58d locally to create your
> alias tags.

OK, great, thanks for confirming this. The latter is a more likely option
for us. Can you confirm that only -A isn't being passed properly (i.e., -B
will do the right thing when I get to that step)?

In terms of 2.5.01: is this version stable? Are there any
incompatibilities/suprises with upgrading from .58d (client/server) to
2.5.01?

Thanks again for your help with this.

-David