[cvsnt] Multiple aliases for one respository

Damian Maclennan damian.mac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 03:02:00 GMT 2005

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone can clear up a question for me.
We have a CVSNT installation with the drive letter in the repository
name, i.e. cvsserver:F:/cvsrepository
This was setup up quite a while back, and works fine for most windows
CVS clients.

However, it causes havok with everything else due to the extra colon
in the ROOT.

We want to change it to an alias to sort this issue out, but to ease
this change it would be great to have both running.

Is it possible to have two repositories configured on the server
pointing to the same place ? Or will this cause locking problems and /
or file corruption ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Damian