[cvsnt] Hiding items in the modules file?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Mar 4 08:02:05 GMT 2005

Is it possible in some way to *hide* certain entries in the modules file?

I have started to define our rather complex software module sources using
"virtual" modules in the modules file and I have found that for every
module I need to create several different other sub-modules that are then
included in the final definition of the checkout module.
But the list of available modules for checkout (in the WinCvs window)
will now also list these support modules that easily outnumber the
"real" modules by a factor of 5 or so. This hides the ones I want the
developers to use and also makes it possible to check out the wrong
module by mistake.

I have tried to limit this a bit by a naming convention that prefixes
all the support module names by an underscore, but they are still listed.

Is there any way at all to tell CVSNT that a particular module definition
should not be listed? It should just stay there to be used by a checkout
on a module that uses it.

I think that this problem is the same in both modules and modules2....

Here is an example of a definition I have been working on:

_CTLegacyBuilderSrc -d Builders/CTLegacyBuilder ADM/MachineDlls/Builders/CTLegacyBuilder
_CTLegacyBuilderBin -d Bin ADM/MachineDlls/Bin CTLegacyEDMbuilder.dll C_CTLegacyEDMbuilder.dll
_CTLegacyBuilderLang -d Bin/Lang/C_CTLegacyEDMbuilder ADM/MachineDlls/Bin/Lang/C_CTLegacyEDMbuilder
_CTLegacyBuilderUtils -d Utilities Common/Utilities ConvertFuncs.pas
_BuilderCommon -d Common ADM/MachineDlls/Common
_BuilderTypeLibs -d TypeLibraries Common/TypeLibraries Builder.dll BuilderConfig.dll
_BuilderTypeLib -d TypeLibraries/Builder Common/TypeLibraries/Builder Builder_TLB.pas
_BuilderConfigTypeLib -d TypeLibraries/BuilderConfig Common/TypeLibraries/BuilderConfig BuilderConfig_TLB.pas

CTLegacyBuilder &_CTLegacyBuilderSrc &_CTLegacyBuilderBin &_CTEdmDPBuilderLang &_BuilderCommon \
               &_CTLegacyBuilderUtils &_BuilderTypeLibs &_BuilderTypeLib &_BuilderConfigTypeLib

As you can see in order to define the CTLegacyBuilder module I need 8
support modules....
I want the checkout to create a folder by the name of the main module and
then put all needed files inside this top folder, hence I use an ampersand
module definition at the end.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund