[cvsnt] Re: Accessing CVSNT via pserver from VMS

John Peacock jpeacocK at rowman.com
Tue Mar 8 19:01:30 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> You should be able to set an alias of /w//cvs-repository so your
> existing sandboxes will work.  Also add one of /cvs-repository or
> something similar to migrate sandboxes to something more standard over
> time.

Ah, that should get mentioned someplace then.  Basically, AIUI, the default
update only creates a single alias based on the previous configuration, and the
/x// syntax no longer can override the path to the repository.  Once I created
an alias for the old syntax, it works fine.  I've only got the one box that has
such an ancient^Wbroken CVS client, so I am good to go.

Thanks!

John