[cvsnt] Re: Import a whole new module to a branch

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 11 14:56:58 GMT 2005

jacob.alvarezbenedicto at telefonica.es wrote:
> I need to impor a whole new module to a branch.  Can I have problems if I
> add it with the traditional import ? Any suggestions ?

You cannot import a module onto a branch.  Import is used strictly to
bring a module into the system with all files having a revision of 1.1
(ignoring multiple vendor imports for the moment), normally as a top
level module (but this is by no means required).

If you have a bunch of files you want to add to a branch of an existing
module, you can use a recent WinCVS to perform a recursive add.

It is usually better to describe what you want to accomplish, rather
than how you think you want to accomplish it.

John