[cvsnt] Re: Problems to access current (CVSNT_2_0_x) source

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Mar 15 06:43:36 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:57:52 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Works fine for me:
>> cvs update -P -r 1.72.2.115 -- win32.cpp (in directory
>> F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\windows-NT\)
>> P win32.cpp
>
>That's an update to an existing directory... in that case cvsnt knows
>which directory version you have and therefore which file version.
>
>checkout of an arbitrary file (and rtag of arbitrary files) is one of
>those things that makes rename 'hard'.  Once directory rename gets in
>there (where the entire path could be valid only for a specific period
>of time) it gets brain-numbing.
>
>I have a plan though.

Now I don't get it at all. Is there a difference between CVSNT on
Linux (your repository) and on Windows (mine)???
Examples:

E:\tmp\CVSNT>set CVSROOT=:pserver:kallekula at antares:/PC

E:\tmp\CVSNT>cvs export -r HEAD ModuleXX/ThirdFile.txt
U ModuleXX/ThirdFile.txt

E:\tmp\CVSNT>set CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs

E:\tmp\CVSNT>cvs export -r HEAD cvsnt/windows-NT/win32.cpp
cvs server: cannot find module `cvsnt/windows-NT/win32.cpp' - ignored
cvs [export aborted]: cannot expand modules

As you can see the exackt same type of command works on my repository
but not on yours....

E:\tmp\CVSNT>cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1902
(Release Candidate 4) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1901
(Release Candidate 4) (client/server)

My repository is build 1902 whereas yours is 1901...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)