[cvsnt] keyword substitution help.

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Tue Mar 15 20:45:33 GMT 2005

Is the following a bug in CVS or proper operation. When I check out the
project I do a

cvs -q update -k v -P (in directory C:\projects\foo\)

Note the keyword substitution -k v. I need this because the headers files
I'm doing a release for are getting delivered to our customer and they then
import those files into there cvs. I have to convert the $id:$ field to text
to avoid import problems on there side.

The problem: The executable files in the project, the ones that where
checked out with the -k v and  are used as part of the build process, are
corrupted and no longer run. One of the executables having this problems is
doxygen.exe. When you try and run it you get the error:

"This program cannot be run in DOS mode."

It shows through wincvs the file has option -kv. The file size is 2,923,244
bytes. When I reset the file back to the default -kb setting the file size
changes to 2,908,160 bytes. and the program runs.

Is this proper operation?

Can I checkout the entire project with one command, keeping keyword
substitution on my header files and not corrupt the binaries in the project?

If not, can I somehow configure CVS to behave this way?

Thanks,
Curt