[cvsnt] Occasional Error: Entries.Log: Permission denied

Thu Mar 17 10:05:11 GMT 2005

Hello,

we are occasionally observing the following error when checking out a
certain module:

cvs server: Updating HMIFW/include/sysinc/ver70c2/TG_AVC
cvs [server aborted]: cannot open CVS/Entries.Log: Permission denied

This problem occurs on checkouts as well as on updates.
Restarting the same checkout/update works most of the times (i.e.
there seems to be no problem with the permissions in general).

The HMIFW module is a very large module (about 16000 files).

There is no AV-Software running on the repository-harddisk.

cvs version
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)

Google tells me that this problem occurs some times, but I found no
solution that fixes my problem. I also found some comments like
"happens sometimes". I worry about this Bug(?) because it doesn't seem
to be reproducible and is very annoying as starting over the checkout
takes time. Have any other cvsnt users experienced this problem?

Best regards
 Tobias