[cvsnt] Re: Client Lockup during Checkout

Casimiro Daniel NPRI CasimiroD at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Mon Mar 21 14:58:17 GMT 2005

I tried a few different server versions and still had the problem.

I tried:  1.11.17, 1.11.18, 1.11.19, and 1.12.11

The problem manifested itself with all three versions.  It took longer to happen with version 1.11.17, but it still happened.  It seems to happen during *every* checkout with version 1.11.19 and 1.12.11.

I picked these versions because I could easily change between them.  There were packages supplied by my distribution.  I could test with earlier versions, but it may take a bit longer.

Should I take this up with the CVS people at this point?  Is it possible to glean any more debug information from the client?

Thanks,
~Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hoyle
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Sent: 3/18/2005 11:53 AM
Subject: [cvsnt] Re: Client Lockup during Checkout

Casimiro Daniel NPRI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem where the client locks up while I check out
sources

 > Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.18 (client/server)

I'm guessing this is a server issue, since 2.0.58d has been stable since

last October and there haven't been any reports of it until only a week
ago.

It's probably able to be worked around on the client somehow, but I've
not been able to replicate it at all so can't see what's going on - it
sounds like the server isn't terminating correctly, so the client just
sits there waiting for it to do something.

Can you try with different server versions to see when it started?   It
might give a clue how to detect the problem and work around it.