[cvsnt] Solaris Documentation

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Wed Mar 23 18:38:03 GMT 2005

Hello Daniel,

Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 3:46:27 AM, you wrote:

DH> Are their any good guides for setting up on a Solaris machine? Or just
DH> decent Unix documentation period for CVSNT? I read the linux install
DH> doc.. but it really didn't cover much and some aspects aren't
DH> applicable to Solaris .

- install (use package or compile sources) cvsnt (and lockserver)
- adapt /etc/cvsnt/PServer
- create a start/stop script for cvslock /etc/init.d/cvslock :
   #!/sbin/sh
   case "$1" in
   start)
           /usr/local/bin/cvslockd
           ;;
   stop)
           pkill cvslockd
           ;;
   *)
           echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
           exit 1
           ;;
   esac
   exit 0
- add (link) this script as K03cvslock and S91cvslock to the
  apropriate rc0.d rc1.d ... rc3.d and rcS.d
- execute '/etc/init.d/cvslock start' once
- add cvsnt to your inetd.conf:
  cvspserver stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs -f pserver
- initialize your (local) cvs repository as described in the wiki

(may be you have to adapt pam and samba and a ssl certificate for
different access methods)

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de