[cvsnt] Re: sspi and linux

George Gugulea georgeg at crystalinteractive.ro
Thu Mar 24 10:08:01 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> George Gugulea wrote:
>
>> <mailto:cvsnt at cvsnt.org>:sspi:xxx at server.domain.com:e:/cvsroot
>> the account xxx is a local account on that machine and I am part of
>> another Windows Domain.
>

> Linux machines are not domain members, so you must specify the domain
> as well as the username.
>
> Tony

in function /sspi_connect/ the user name is correct, also the domain and
password, the protocol is /"NTLM"/ on linux and /"Negotiate"/ on windows.
The function sspi_connect returns successfuly (CVSPROTO_SUCCESS) and
then in function start_server(1) I get to the part with "I HATE YOU"
(/*Authorization not granted*/)
So I guess is a problem with NTLM.
On windows I successfully login and on linux not.
I can successfully connect to another windows server with sspi that is
in my Active Directory from both windows and linux.
Is this a bug in NTLM implementation?