[cvsnt] CVSNT Broken! taginfo - Additional Info

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 24 18:39:53 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:19:33 -0800, "Josh Skains" <JSkains at deltad.com>
wrote:

>Nope. Tried that too.
>
>print "$ARGV[0]";
>print "$ARGV[1]";
>print "$ARGV[2]";
>print "$ARGV[3]";
>print "$ARGV[4]";
>print "$ARGV[5]";
>
>After the action (add,mov,del) and the tagname and the repository path,
>there is nothing. So 2.0.51d was supposed to do STDIN. I think it says
>that in the taginfo too.

I was responsible for identifying that taginfo had to change since we
discovered on our large sandboxes that tagging could not be done.
This is because at about 4K the command line cannot grow more before
Windows throws an exception and refuses to run the script.

So Tony moved the file/revision list to STDIN instead.

The thing is that this change was done about 3-4 years ago or so, it
is NOT a recent change at all. Necessary for Windows work.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)